This is what we’re made of
100% natural soy wax. It’s as simple as that.
Wax produced from soybeans is non-toxic and biodegradable. Soy wax candles burn cleaner, slower and more evenly than other types of wax giving a natural, long-lasting and smoke free candle.
Being a handmade and natural product no two of our candles are the same. There will be little bumps, the occasional frosty appearance or a slight adhesion imperfection. These occurrences are completely normal for natural soy wax. We do not dye our waxes but the addition of fragrance oils, temperature fluctuations or exposure to direct sunlight can discolour the wax. This is a natural occurrence and will not affect the scent throw of your Milk Bar candle.
Keep it cool
To minimise the risk of you candle developing any of the above mentioned aesthetic issues be sure to keep it in a cool, dry place and away from direct sunlight.
Trim the wick
It may seem of little importance but failure to trim the wick before lighting your candle can cause some issues. ‘Mushrooming’ of the wick is the most common one and it occurs when the wicks is left too long. An excessively long wick can lead to other problems such as candle smoking, shedding debris, and can also restrict the oxygen flow to the flame meaning your candle won’t melt evenly. The ideal length for the wick is ¼ to ¾ of an inch but be careful not to trim the wick too short as this may cause it to ‘drown’ in the melt pool.
Believe it or not the candle will remember
This might come as a surprise but candles have a memory…a damn good one. To avoid an affliction known as tunnelling it’s important that when you burn your candle for the first time you allow a full melt pool to form. If you do not allow the wax to melt to the outside the candle will remember and won’t melt to the outer edge in the future.
Play it safe
Be cool and follow these instructions when using Milk Bar Candle Co products to prevent fire, hazard or injury.
- Never move a lit candle
- Use only on a stable and heat resistant surface
- Do not burn continuously for more than three (3) hours
- Avoid exposure to drafts
- Never leave candle unattended
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Trim wick to 6mm before lighting
- When 2cm of unmelted wax remains discontinue use
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
- DO NOT cover container while in use
- If the wick becomes detached from the base of the jar DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY
CAUTION: Container will become hot while candle is burning. Extinguish candle and allow wax to resolidify before moving.